Hello everyone,
I had read the book almost a year ago when one of my friends recomended it. When I listened to his animated talks about the book and the author, I thought I might enjoy it. So I bought the book to test my friend's taste and also I love reading & even if the material can be categorised as only "barely readable", I endure. I started reading it at around six in the evening and got so captivated by it, that I missed my dinner. I finished reading the book by one thirty the next morning.
Even as I lied down I was so restless that I could not fall asleep. Why, you ask. Beacause I was inspired. So much so so that I could not wait for the day- light to come, to do a miraculous deed for the welfare of the human race. That is how the book influence each and every reader. The theme of the book is applicable to all. Those who had great aspirations, but got side- tracked along the way, realises where and why they drifted away from what their hearts desired. Everyone who reached their destinations, sweating blood gets a reason to think back and smile at the sacrifices they made.
The book explains the"Universal soul" or the "Paramathma" as we Indians like to call it, in a very simplified manner and states that we are responsible for out fates. This might be difficult for us to acept. Beacause then, we will have no one but ourselves to blame for our mis-fortunes. We were given the right to choose. We just took the wrong decisions at the wrong times. We chose to neglect the really important things in our life.
Paolo Coelho portrays the life as he sees it- full of opportunities. He is an optimistic soul who prefers to look at life in a farorable light. The book portrays his philosophical genius combined with his excellent litterary skills. I regard the book very highly and recomend it to all who were gifted with the education and intelligence to read.
Yours,
Mangala Dilip
No comments:
Post a Comment